Mis à jour : juin 7
Tokyo | AUG.2018 | SC
I've the pleasure to share with you my first experience with "China Airlines" national Taiwan company.
After my first flight CDG-HND by Air France (not reported) I am at Tokyo Henada international airport (Japan) for this second flight of my Asian trip of August 2018.
• Departure and check-in at Haneda's new and attractive international terminal for this flight to Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA) 2nd Capital Airport of Taiwan rather use for domestic flights with some international lines including Tokyo Haneda.
• Above you can see inside the terminal "Edo-Koji" shopping area, a small typical Japanese village with plenty of restaurant and shop. it's really a good idea and successful (ADP should be inspired) Then on the top floor, a more modern japan with the famous terrace planespotting exceptional (here also ADP should be inspired)
• The check-in is fluid and well signaled with the usual SkyTeam logos, and after passing quickly to the security filter, here I am in transit zone waiting for boarding
• The boarding is done by priority (Skyteam member priority, family, and finally by area of the seat) today I have the seat 41J on this Airbus A330-300 registered B-18309
• My first impression is rather good, the cabin is clean but a bit "old school", there are IFE (old generation) at each seat. the cabin crew are rather young, smiling with a typically Chinese but modern outfit (a bit like Cathay Pacific )
• (Video) Take-off with new runway RWY05, and go for 2H50 of flight time
• A magnificent view of Mount Fuji (Volcano) (without snow!?) Overlooking the Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world.
• (Video) of the great Mount Fuji
• To begin this flight, distribution of a cold oshibori under plastic. In the seat-pocket we have the magazine of the company with lots of information about our flight.
• For the service, no menu distributed, but the hostess told us verbally the choice. For this morning flight we have the choice of a breakfast on trays with a hot dish "Asian" or "Western". for hot drinks, the choice between tea or coffee with different fruit juice.
• After clearing the trays, we had the right to duty-free available on request, then just the time to see a movie or to sleep a little
• Then descent and approach
• (Video) Landing on single runway RWY28
• welcome to Taipei Songsham airport (TSA/RCSS) is a mid-size airport Civil and Military build in 1936, located Taipei , Taiwan ( Republic of China )
• Disembarking by jet bridges directly into the international terminal
• The terminal is an older generation (Orly South style) quite dark, but functional. Baggage delivery is fast
To summarize, a good flight without history, a classic service & crew performance for 2h50 flight,
only one criticism the IFE should be reviewed, but for an inter-Asia flight it's ok